Assessment Kits can only be performed for clients with:
- A scheduled upcoming consultation, OR
- A written request from your pet’s veterinarian.*
*A written report of results and recommendations will be sent to your pet’s veterinarian in these instances.
Certain diagnostics are recommended to provide information about underlying causes of your pet’s condition. When dealing with cancer and chronic disease, many imbalances are likely occurring that are undetectable on conventional blood work. Evaluation of non-traditional, integrative diagnostics alongside your pet’s conventional diagnostic tests provide our doctors with valuable information to tailor and individualize your pet’s treatment plan.
Recommended Conventional diagnostics:
These tests can be performed with your primary veterinarian prior to consultation. No test kits are needed from our clinic.
- Complete Blood Count with differential
- Chemistry with gamma-glutamyl transferase (GGT), magnesium (Mg) and lactate dehydrogenase (LDH)
- Total T4 (if over 2 years of age)
- Urinalysis with Urine Protein Creatinine Ratio (UPCR) from first morning urine sample.
Recommended Integrative diagnostics:
These tests can NOT be performed with your primary veterinarian. You can either, 1) schedule a technician appointment at our practice for blood draw and test kit submission OR 2) purchase test kits to be mailed to you and performed at your primary veterinarian. We recommend doing this as soon as possible as test results can take 2-3 weeks to be received.
1) Immune/Inflammatory Markers:
These markers are recommended for every chronic disease/cancer patient to enhance in tailoring and individualizing treatment plans. Patients without cancer can eliminate the Iron Panel and urine pH strip. Results take 2-3 weeks to receive.
- Vitamin D3
- C-Reactive Protein (CRP; canine) or Haptoglobin (HPT; feline)
- Thymidine Kinase-1 (TK-1; patients with lymphoma)
- Fatty Acid Profile
- Iron Panel with Ferritin
- pH strip for urine if urine not previously collected on FIRST MORNING URINE SAMPLE (see above)
2) Microbiome Evaluation or Dysbiosis Index: †
†For patient’s with chronic gastrointestinal issues (diarrhea, vomiting, reflux, weight loss), history of a “sensitive stomach,” inability to tolerate diet changes or “table food”, chronic (> 2 times a year) use of medications or special diets to manage GI issues, chronic use of antibiotics for any reason, or chronic long term allergies, a microbiome analysis is HIGHLY recommended. Results take 3-4 weeks to receive.
- Dysbiosis Index (Requires FRESH sample of pet’s stool)
- ANTIBIOTICS OR PROBIOTICS can NOT be used 48 hours prior to collection; do not stop medications abruptly without the consent of your pet’s treating veterinarian
Below fees include test kit supplies, shipping materials as well as test result interpretation fees. All diagnostics require blood samples unless otherwise indicated. Any associated costs of blood draws and collection will be determined and charged by the veterinary practice performing the collection and not included in the above costs.
"*" indicates required fields